1. Join Leesburg Animal Park for a Fishing Derby today from 11am – 3pm. Of course, you can visit the animals, too. The rest of the park is open 10am – 5pm (Wednesday – Sunday), and admission is $15/adult, $13/ages2-12.
2. And for places you can always go fishing in or near DC, here are seven recommendations.
3. Came across this nice round-up of waterfront spaces around DC to enjoy warm weather. It was obviously compiled pre-COVID, so there are some suggestions for activities that are not currently offered, but most of the spots recommended are still good for socially distanced hanging out.
4. From the Washington Post’s On Parenting: 6 strategies for sharing disappointing news with kids, in a year with lots of it.
5. March for Our Lives’ powerful new campaign ad.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!