1. It’s blackberry season at many PYO places around the area. Schlagel Farms, one of the closest to DC, is offering it today from 9am – 1pm. Homestead Farms, Butler’s Orchard, and Hollin Farms also have them. And more fruits and veggies are available at other locales. Get more details in this round-up of area farms with pick your own ops.
2. The Bullpen at Nats Park is partnering with Due South to offer Bottomless Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays starting at 11am. It includes your choice of entree with two family-style sides and a choice of bottomless beverage. Tables of 6 or less are available with a two-hour limit. Cost is $55/adult, $20/child Reservations are not required, but are encouraged — email [email protected] to reserve. It’s also open for game viewing when the Nats are playing — doors open an hour before games.
3. The newly renovated MLK Library is scheduled to reopen on September 24, and you can get a peek inside here.
4. Serve Your City and the Ward-6 Mutual Aid Network have organized the Back To School Bash to make sure students in the community have the resources they need to be successful as they start the school year. They’ll be helping provide those in need with backpacks that include a digital device, traditional school supplies, personal protective equipment, and some fun activities/surprises to add some back-to-school joy. You can support their efforts by donating, purchasing supplies, or volunteering your time to help assemble backpacks (email [email protected] for this).
5. Songs for social distancing that are so spot on. 😂
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!