1. The current forecast calls for bike riding! Whether you get out for a spin today or plan for a family ride this weekend, check out this round-up of routes to ride around the area, with something for everyone. This particular stretch is ideal with little bikers.
2. In case you missed it a couple of days ago, there’s a new feature on the blog by a new KFDC contributor! Katie Winter, an educator and local mom of two young children, will be offering ideas to “Bring the Fun Home from… ” different places around the area with recommendation for at-home activities that tie in to your visit. The inaugural post highlights Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria, an ideal place to enjoy the start of spring!
3. The Washington Nationals and MLB are hosting a Play Ball Drive-Thru on Saturday to encourage and promote youth baseball and softball participation. From 2-4pm, the Nats and Screech will be giving away free plastic bats, balls, and other Nats swag to young fans. Open to all children between the ages of 4-18, this socially-distant event will allow participants to remain in their cars and have the items passed through their car windows. This will take place at Matthews Memorial Baptist Church in Southeast DC. Face coverings will be required. Fans should register here.
4. A beautifully written essay about divorce — from the perspective of a teen.
5. The Oprah interview was excellent, but this is much more fun.