Winter is a great season for chess, and you can have two months for the price of one with Magnus Academy’s Cyber Monday chess promotion! It’s a great gift for either beginner players or advanced students. Formerly called Silver Knights, Magnus Academy has classes for all levels with great coaches!
Magnus Chess Academy has taught 100,000+ kids chess in the area since 2008. Between now and Cyber Monday, November 28: Use the coupon code “cyber” when you buy one month, and get the second month free!
How does the online academy work? Read below to find out!
1. New students start with a quick assessment to figure out what level classes they should take, from Pawns (how do you play chess?) to Kings (some of the best kids in the state for their age).
2. Schedule your weekly semi-private classes. There are classes Mondays through Saturdays for each level, so that you’ll definitely be able to find good (and flexible) times that work for your family. Take a look at the times here. Experienced coaches keep the classes engaging, approachable, and fun for the students.
3. Join as many big group events as you want — like online tournaments (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays) and bonus lessons (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays).
4. Visits from famous chess players like Chess World Champion Magnus Carlsen (see video below from last visit), who is joining on Sunday, December 4! Other guest instructors include Anish Giri, the #7 player in the world and very fun!), Judit Polgar (best female chess player ever, 5 visits this year), and more.
This Cyber Monday sale is a great way to start chess (think holiday gift)! A few more things to know:
- Cost is $89/month.
- The academy is month-to-month with no long term commitment.
- Start anytime and stop any time.
- If you join the academy, and for whatever reason it’s not the right fit, cancel in your first two weeks for a full refund.
Sign up here — and remember to use the coupon code “cyber” for your second month free!
This post is sponsored by Magnus Chess Academy, however, I only promote programs, activities, and businesses that I genuinely believe in and/or think would appeal to KFDC readers.