1. We recently stopped in My Cake Theory on Capitol Hill for the first time to get a taste. Why we waited so long — it opened about a year ago — I don’t know, because… YUM! They introduced the area’s first build-your-own “flavors to frills” cupcake process, that lets you select your cupcake flavor, filling, frosting, and “frillings.” They also have pre-made cupcakes loaded with “frills” and offer custom cakes and catering as well. The staff/service there are as sweet as the treats, too. (Btw, I promise this mention is not sponsored in any way.)
2. Summer break is winding down as local kids get ready to head back to school (if they haven’t already). If you want to savor the final days with some quintessential seasonal fun or a special activity, check out the KFDC Guide to Summer Around the DC Area for ideas.
3. Some great picks from Eater DC in their round-up of 16 Excellent, Affordable Dining Options in the DC Area.
4. ARTIFCTS, the online service that helps you organize, preserve, and share special memories, is turning 1 tomorrow, August 26. To celebrate, for that day only, they are offering 50% off all new memberships. Check it out and sign up!
5. Excellent recommendations for Reading, Watching, and Listening.