1. Have you been to the Asheville, NC, area? It’s a fantastic destination for a driveable family getaway from DC. Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, there are loads of recreational opportunities — hiking, biking, rafting, tubing, zip lining, waterfall chasing, and much more. Plus, the city is a blast to explore. We’re here now, so I’ll be sharing more details about it soon!
2. Just about all of the Smithsonians that have reopened are no longer requiring timed-entry tickets to visit! You still need them for the National Zoo and the National Museum of African American History & Culture, but the rest welcome walk-in guests. Just be sure to note days and hours for each, as they vary by museum. And heads-up that the National Air & Space Museum and Smithsonian Castle reopen this Friday, July 30!
3. For anyone else who loved the Ragnar Kjartansson exhibition at the Hirshhorn a few years ago, this Washington Post article about “The Visitors” installation is a great read. It was my favorite part of the exhibit — so moving then, and even more meaningful in retrospect now.
4. Tea Collection’s annual Back to School Event sale starts today.
5. Season 2 of Ted Lasso is now on Apple TV!