1. The pandas at the National Zoo are going home to China, and but not without a giant farewell that begins this Saturday, September 23, and runs through October 1. Panda Palooza will celebrate the beloved bears with all kinds of special programming for the public to enjoy. Photo ops, arts & crafts activities, a ‘Kids Area’ in the Great Meadow, morning family stretching and yoga, panda talks, a scavenger hunt, live music, free film screenings of “Kung Fu Panda” and “The Miracle Panda” in the Visitor Center Theater, and more will be part of the festivities.
2. Tomorrow is the start of DC Theatre Week! Celebrating the launch of DC’s new theatre season, from September 21 – October 1 there is special pricing on tickets to shows at dozens of theatres around the area. You can see a performance for $20, $40, or $60, everything from plays to musicals to classics to new theatre — and this includes productions for children, too. Adventure Theatre, Imagination Stage, and InterAct Story Theatre are all participating. Learn more and view the full list of shows on sale here. Also, there will be a Theatre Week Kick-Off Fest this Saturday at Arena Stage from 1-5pm. See samples of programming from area theatres, join a Step Afrika workshop, watch a fight choreography demo, hear monologues from young playwrights, and so much more — all free!
3. All true Swifties know The Eras Tour Concert Film is coming to movie theaters October 13. But did you know that Cinemark Theatres is offering opportunities for a Private Swiftie Party? Starting October 19, you can reserve an auditorium to see the concert film with 1-40 guests at a flat rate of $795.60. That might seem steep, but it’s really not so bad if you can get enough people together (or you just feel like splurging). Could be the best movie sing-a-long ever or an amazing Swifty birthday party!
4. Get into the Spirit! In honor of Youth Soccer Month, the Washington Spirit is offering 50% off youth season ticket memberships for the 2024 season with the purchase of an adult membership. This limited-time offer is only available until October 2.
5. This new cookbook not only includes recipes from world renowned chefs, it also contains important stories from across the globe, and all proceeds from sales go to an amazing organization. A perfect gift for someone who loves to cook — or a great one to buy for yourself.