1. In case you missed the Facebook post, today at 2pm you can catch a free digital preview/presentation of Make Way for Ducklings, one of Adventure Theatre’s 2020-21 season productions.
2. A super sweet idea… One of Sasha’s friends organized a “Social Distance Gift Giving” party as way of connecting a group of them from school who live within walking distance in the neighborhood. They each were given the name and address of one person with instructions to “make something and write a note to the given out name…you will go to the location and place it somewhere without going inside.” They all dropped off their gifts and notes at the same time yesterday — then had a surprise waiting for them when they got home. Sasha had fun making a bracelet for her person, and loves what she received (see the earrings and note above… plus a jar of cat nip for the kitties). If your kids are missing their friends, too, this is a great activity to suggest for them.
3. Plan for tomorrow… At 12pm, enjoy Mondays with Michelle Obama, a PBS kids video series of our former (and favorite) First Lady reading children’s books. They will be livestreamed simultaneously on PBS Kids’ Facebook page and YouTube channel (you can also see last week’s reading of The Gruffalo).
4. This recent piece on Cup of Jo about the weird things we do to feel better is great. Be sure to read the comments — I’ve found many that I completely relate to and others that offer great ideas!
5. It’s times like these you learn to live again… this Foo cover collaboration is so good.
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!