1. Northern Virginia begins Phase 2 of reopening today. This DCist article has more on what this entails, but it includes many places for recreation and entertainment, including museums, zoos, gardens, and outdoor venues for sports and the performing arts. More park facilities will also open — find details for Fairfax Parks and NoVa Parks. A quick heads-up that this includes playgrounds, so Clemyjontri in McLean will open along with many others. (I still recommend calling ahead if you plan to go, just to confirm there aren’t any issues.)
2. The Yards’ Friday Night Concert Series is back this summer — online! Starting this evening through July 3, you can stream the free concerts from the comfort of your own home. It kicks off at 7pm with a performance by Justin Trawick that you can view on Facebook.
3. Tomorrow, June 13, is a Free Fishing Day in Maryland, which means you don’t need a license to cast a line in waters that usually require one — a fun way to enjoy being outdoors on what’s forecast to be a nice day! (FYI, this is happening June 20, too.)
4. Netflix just introduced a Black Lives Matter section of films to view.
5. What the recent Black Lives Matter protests have changed so far. (PS: Protests continuing this weekend.)
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!