Does your child have the acting bug? And musical chops, to boot? If you have a young performer who’s ready for their big stage debut, then don’t miss this great opportunity to have them audition with Adventure Theatre MTC! The beloved local theatre has two upcoming productions with roles for kids — and they are auditioning local youth to fill them.
HUCKLEBERRY FINN’S BIG RIVER
Coming to the Glen Echo Park stage in February and March is this world premiere adaptation of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Celebrating the glorious richness of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity, these auditions will seek to find four teen African American performers, female and male, and four teen performers, female and male, of any race.
Eight middle and high school students, aged 11 – 18, are being sought for the roles of Huckleberry Finn (any race), Jim (African American), Mary Jane (any race) and Alice (African American). All actors will receive compensation for their role.
Monday, September 24, 4 – 6:30pm
Duke Ellington School of the Arts
3500 R St NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tuesday, September 25, 4 – 6:30pm
Next Stop Theatre
269 Sunset Park Dr.
Herndon, VA 20170
Wednesday, September 26, 4 – 6:30pm
Frederick Community College
Visual & Performing Arts Building
Black Box Theater
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
* Bring a headshot or recent photo with attached resume (affixed in all four corners).
* Prepare 16 bars of one song. Please bring sheet music — an accompanist will be provided.
* Prepare a one minute monologue.
* All interested teens/tweens should register for an audition time slot.
Honk Jr. is a musical adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen story The Ugly Duckling, incorporating a message of inclusion. For this production, students will fly to Atlanta, GA, to present 15 minutes of the show for Broadway professionals at the Junior Theater Festival over MLK, Jr. weekend, and then return home to perform on the ATMTC professional stage in Glen Echo, MD. The program begins right after the Christmas holiday, and culminates about a month later — a whirlwind once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for students!
Kids in grades 4-8 are invited to audition for this show. Honk Jr. is an educational experience, not a paid gig. View the rehearsal and performance schedule here.
September 29, 6:30- 7pm
Adventure Theatre MTC (Wintergreen Plaza)
837-D Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
* Prepare 16–32 bars of two contrasting songs (one ballad selection and one up tempo selection). Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key and with clearly marked cuts. An accompanist will be provided. Student may not use pre-recorded music or perform a capella.
* All interested kids should register for an audition time slot.