1. Something fun and active to do with kids while they’re on Winter Break: Bike ride! Dress in layers, so you can peel them off as you warm up along the way. And the current forecast says it’s going to be in the 60’s on Saturday, perfect to get out on two wheels. This round-up of bikes routes around the area will help you plan a family ride.
2. Ideas for New Year’s Eve celebrations at home with the kids (minus guests, of course). And Food Network has some fun and yummy suggestions for the evening, too.
3. In case you missed it the other day, there’s a new giveaway for a chance to win a free lesson with the International School of Music! They are offering both virtual and in-person instruction on all instruments and voice for all ages and levels.
4. DC Public Library’s most borrowed books in 2020. (PS: They are hosting a virtual story time for children today at 10:30am.)
5. A quick and moving story about a local (and national) hero.