1. On the National Mall through Friday, March 18, is a striking installation of small blue flags planted in the stretch between 3rd & 4th Streets. I posted about “United in Blue” and why it resonates on IG here. You can also learn more about it here.
2. A great, inspiring read: In this Washington Post article, some of the real local women depicted in the #IfThenSheCan exhibit talk about which area museums and objects inspire them.
3. Looking for new books for your kids? Check out the Kids Indie Next List for March/April 2022 with recs for a range of ages — and look for them at some of our local bookstores:
East City Book Shop on Capitol Hill,
Kramerbooks in Dupont Circle
Solid State Books on H Street NE
Politics & Prose at Union Market, The Wharf, and Northwest
Hurray for Books in Old Town Alexandria
Loyalty Bookstore in Petworth and Silver Spring
4. In case you haven’t heard, Hamilton will be returning to the Kennedy Center this summer! Tickets currently are available only to members through the KC website, but Goldstar has discount pre-sale tickets.
5. I had something else planned for this spot, but this now seems more important to share. (Warning: Part of it includes really sad, graphic images.)
Bonus: How people in the DC area can support Ukraine.