1. The Washington Monument has reopened — again! (It reopened the first time in September 2019 after it was closed for repairs and renovations for several years.) For COVID safety measures, visitors can only purchase one ticket, which is valid for up to four people. Advance reservations are required, and tickets listed as “Not Yet Released” will become available at 10am one day before the tour date. Reserve tickets through the link.
2. Two new KFDC posts to check out in case you missed them:
Little Kid-Friendly Places for Indoor Play with Precaution
Wicked Fun (& Safe) Ways to Celebrate Halloween in 2020
3. It was just announced that DC indoor public pools will open on October 13! Reservations are open now, and you will need one to swim at any aquatic facilities in the city.
4. This podcast is so good, I’m sure the TV show version, which starts today on Netflix, will be awesome, too.
5. One of my very favorite monthly posts is up! Check out Darcy’s 12 Happy Things for October.
PS: Want more ideas for weekend fun? Hover over the ADVENTURES tab at the top of the blog that will lead you to all kinds of inspo for activities.