Tag Archives: Summer Programs for Kids in the DC Area
We all need a little inspiration in our lives — especially our kids. So, get ready for Boolean Girl Summer Camps! The nonprofit offers both in person and virtual camps that are designed to inspire kids to code, build, invent, and animate.
Both girls-only and coed camps are offered. What’s more, they will be safe! In-person safety measures will include masks, social distancing, and enhanced cleaning protocols, and campers can switch from in-person to virtual, or vice versa, to suit their comfort levels.
Why Boolean Girl camps? Here are 5 reasons!
- The camps are fun. At least that’s according to 96% of students who say they would recommend coding camps to a friend and want to take another one.
- The instructors are great. They are female college students majoring in STEM from some of the best universities.
- Kids love the camps. At least that’s what the 4.8 out of 5 rating indicates.
- Parents will tell you. Some comments from moms and dads: “Just great instruction! My daughter loves the class! We love that the ‘all girl’ option is offered, and the experience has really changed my daughter’s mind from not liking coding to LOVING it!” & “This was the perfect level for my 3rd grader. She was really engaged with the hands-on activity.”
- Why not? They are flexible. If you don’t want to join in person, there are also online camps all summer long that complement the in-person camps. These camps are taught by the same rockstar instructors and cover the same materials. You can mix and match in-person and on-line courses.
Now the Details…
Kids ages 8-13. All experience levels welcome. Both girls-only and co-ed camps are available.
In DC: Camps for grades 3-6, June 12-16, August 2-6, August 9-13
In VA: Camps for grades 3-8, all summer long
Online camp: all summer long
Washington, DC: The Hill Center on Capitol Hill | 921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE (one block from the Capitol Hill Metro).
Arlington, VA: Marymount University | 1000 Glebe Road
Alexandria, VA: Burgundy Farms (must register on the Burgundy Farms website)
For all others, sign up here.
The Small-ish Print:
Boolean Girl will host in-person camps for Summer 2021 if it is deemed safe by the federal, state, and local authorities, and they are taking reservations now. If forced to close camps due to COVID, they will refund every penny of tuition to you. Read more about their COVID response here.
Camps will implement all recommended safety measures, including masks and social distancing. If you register and change your mind before May 30, you can receive a full refund. After May 30, you can change dates or get a refund, less the non-refundable $50 deposit, up to two weeks before the start of camp. Two weeks before the start of camp there are no refunds, but you may switch to an online camp.