[Note: This is a sponsored guest post by Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps.]
The Washington Wizards have announced their official Jr. Wizards Basketball Camp dates! If you have a young one interested in crafting their skills or a beginner who wants to learn more about the game of basketball, registration is open now here. And you can learn more about the camp below!
11 Great Things To Know About Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps
1. There is a Jr. Wizards Basketball Camp during spring break, and 12 camps during the summer.
The spring break camp runs from April 6 – 10 in Sterling, VA. There are 12 camps throughout the summer, the first beginning on June 15, and the final camp starting on August 10.
2. Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps are in different locations around Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
Locate the city closest to you and pick a camp date!
Washington DC: July 13–17; July 20–24; August 10-14
Fredericksburg, VA: June 22–26
Sterling, VA: April 6–10; June 15– 9; July 6–10
Boyds, MD: June 22–26
La Plata, MD: July 6–10
Baltimore, MD: July 6–10
Middleburg, VA: July 27-31
Severn, MD: July 27-31
Bowie, MD: August 3-7
3.The Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps last for 5 days from 9am – 3pm.
The camps run Monday – Friday from approximately 9am – 3pm
4. All campers receive two (2) game ticket vouchers towards a 2020-21 Washington Wizards home game, with an option to purchase additional tickets at a discounted rate, and a Jr. Wizards T-shirt.
The Jr. Wizards are providing each camper two free ticket vouchers to check out a Washington Wizards game during the 2020-21 season! They provide vouchers so parents can pick which game works best for your schedule later.
5. Payment options are available.
You can pay the balance in full upon registration, or you can sign up for a payment plan which requires a minimum $75 deposit.
6. Discounts are available for siblings and groups.
A 10% sibling discount is automatically applied to the second child during registration when both children are registered together and on the same account. Groups of 10 or more players are also eligible for discounts. More information on group discounts can be found here.
7. The Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps offer scholarships.
There are a select number of scholarships awarded by the Washington Wizards Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps. More information about the scholarship application can be found here.
8. The camps are open to girls and boys ages 6 to 14.
All boys and girls ages 6–14 are welcome to attend, regardless of their current basketball skill level.
9. Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps give your child a chance to learn from the best.
The Jr. Wizards coaching staff is made up of experienced coaches from all levels, including high school, middle school, AAU, current and former collegiate players/coaches, game officials, trainers, and other basketball personnel.
10. Meet and compete against new kids.
Campers are grouped by age and skill level after an initial evaluation period on the first day of camp.
11. Your kid will have a blast!
The goal of Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps is for every camper to further develop their basketball skills — and have a great time playing a sport they love.
Enrollment for Jr. Wizards Basketball Camps is open now. Register your child here for spring or summer camp today!
This post is sponsored by the Washington Wizards, however, I only promote programs, services, and events that I genuinely believe in and think would appeal to KFDC readers.