At this time of year, there are so many family activities featuring twinkling lights, holiday treats, and more ways to indulge in the season. This weekend, the National Postal Museum is hosting a holiday event that’s a little different, one that focuses on giving back. On Saturday, December 3, join them for Super Stamps and the Season of Giving, a day of performances and hands-on activities that explore the themes of community action and caring for others.
From 11am – 4pm, there will be a variety of activities for all ages throughout the museum, plus live musical performances by Milkshake Duo!
- Design Your Own Semipostal Stamp: Use stamp templates and drawing materials to design a semipostal stamp supporting a cause of their choosing.
- Museum Challenge: Find examples of kindness and caring in the museum
- Semipostal Mosaics: Help complete large mosaics of the four featured semipostal designs.
- See Me at the Smithsonian Art Activity from the National Portrait Gallery.
- Kindness Counts activity from the National Museum of American History.
- Creature Conservation Connections: Creative activities from the National Zoo.
- Focus on STEM: Smithsonian Science Education Center will lead activities that highlight changing the world through STEM.
- Marine Animal Conservation activity from the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center.
- Greetings of Gratitude: Card-making to send messages of support and gratitude to deployed military service members.
- National Guard : Explore the history of major National Guard units and how they have served communities.
Check out the full day’s schedule here. And plan to join the National Postal Museum for this all-ages event and learn more about how you can help support positive social change during the season of giving! Read more about the wonderful museum in this KFDC post and this one.
Super Stamps and the Season of Giving
Where: National Postal Museum | 2 Massachusetts Ave., NE
When: Saturday, December 3, 11am – 4pm