1. As many DC students are on Spring Break this week and the weather has been fantastic, it’s a good time to (re)share the big list of the Best Places to Enjoy a Beautiful Day Outdoors with the Kids. Gravelly Point, pictured above, is one you’ll find among them. (And don’t forget about the guide for Where to Go & What to Do During Spring Break 2022!)
2. Most Smithsonian museums have extended returned to regular hours being limited due to Covid,; just a few still are still closed one day a week — see all current hours here. And not a Smithsonian, but neighboring them them on the National Mall, the National Gallery of Art is open daily, 10am – 5pm (and the new Afro-Atlantic Histories exhibit there looks great!)
3. If you’re celebrating the holiday and need help with the meal (or just really love matzo ball soup and brisket), Eater has a round-up of where to find Passover meals around DC.
4. Did you know Little Free Library has an app? It shows you where nearby (or farther away) LFL’s are located, even providing directions and a map. Some of them also include sweet stories and background about the Library.
5. We’re spending Spring Break in Folly Beach and Charleston, SC, and highly recommend the area for family getaway! This is actually the second time we’ve spent a Spring Break here. Have you been? If so, what are some of your favorite things to do? (One of mine is fossil hunting — the shores in Folly are great for it!)