1. Even the most wonderful time of the year can sometimes feel chaotic and overwhelming. The round-up of peaceful places in DC is a good one to keep handy for if/when you need a break from all the holiday hoopla or just want to go someplace to chill out — with or without kids.
2. A couple of fun workshops coming up this weekend… On Saturday, Silver Oaks Cooperative School is hosting a Drop-Off Winter Workshop for kids ($40). You can leave your kids with them for three hours of crafty fun and have some time to yourself. Children ages 5-12 are welcome to join the school to make four lovely gifts, which they’ll wrap so they can stay a surprise until it’s time to open them. Register in advance! And on Sunday, Lea Craigie, the 2022 National Cherry Blossom Artist, designer, and muralist, is hosting a Miniature Putz House Workshop for kids and adults in Takoma Park ($25). All supplies will be provided to create a sweet mini holiday house. Drop in anytime from 10am – 3pm, but be sure to get tickets ahead to reserve your house!
3. The Washington Post’s picks for the best children’s and YA books of 2022.
4. For any other interfaith families… the perfect holiday tree topper. (Another pretty option.)
5. 10 Happy Things for December ❤️