1. We’re going to be near Harpers Ferry this weekend for soccer, so we’ll likely take advantage and enjoy some fun there, too. Have you been? It’s a fantastic day trip or weekend destination from DC with great outdoor recreation and opportunities for historical explorations. Read more about the West Virginia town in this KFDC post!
2. Boing! Big Bounce America, the world’s largest bounce house, is returning to the DC area May 20 – June 11 at Rosecroft Raceway in Fort Washington, MD. The biggest touring inflatable event includes four massive inflatable attractions: a 16,000-square-foot World’s Largest Bounce House; the newly added Sport Slam featuring a customized sports arena; the 900-foot-long obstacle course named The Giant; and a unique, space-themed wonderland called airSPACE. Three-hour sessions for varying age groups — 3 & under, 7 & under, 15 & under, and 16 & older — are $22 for the youngest group, $38 for older kids, and $41 for 16+. Tickets can be reserved here.
3. And speaking of Fort Washington, it’s been a long time since I’ve highlighted Fort Washington Park, a great place to enjoy a day outdoors and get a glimpse of the past. You can explore the historic remnants of the fortress dating back to 1824 — including bastions and barracks and cannons — within the grounds and enjoy beautiful views along the Potomac River. Hours for the Fort and Visitor Center are 9am – 4:30pm, Thursday – Sunday. Admission is $10/vehicle to the park, free to Fort Washington.
4. A shirt almost exactly like this one (that I’ve had for years) was one of my most worn items in Portugal. Perfect as a “spring shacket” to throw on over tanks and T-shirts or even a dress when it got a little chilly, also cute enough to wear on it’s own with pants. Also love this one that’s more of a jacket, but not a typical denim jacket.
5. A fantastic feature about one of my (and I’m sure many others’) all-time favorite authors. Those books we loved as kids, are often some that stick with us the most! And they are still great kid reads… Sasha loved this one, and Owen actually did a book report about this one back in elementary school. And in case you haven’t heard, this movie comes out on Friday!