1. Did you know that NOVA Parks regularly offers all kinds of special activities for kids and families? The nearly 40 parks in the system host programs like scavenger hunts, story times, arts & crafts sessions, hikes, animal encounters, volunteer opportunities, and more! This coming weekend there will be a Volunteer Service Day and Pepperfest at Potomac Overlook, a Children’s Book Reading and Cardinal Craft at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, a Secret Life of Squirrels program at Winkler Botanical Garden, and a few other fun events. There are also lots of weekday sessions for kids and ongoing activities like hiking, biking, paddling, even camping. Read KFDC write-ups about all of the fantastic, aforementioned places: Potomac Overlook Regional Park, Meadowlark Botanical Garden, Winkler Botanical Preserve.
2. Several awesome annual events are happening this weekend, including Homecoming at President Lincoln’s Cottage, H Street Festival, Colonial Market & Fair at Mount Vernon, and ArtsFest at Annmarie Sculpture Garden. Find details about all of them in the KFDC 2023 Fall Festival Guide to help you decide which to attend — and to plan for more coming up!
3. If you’re celebrating Rosh Hashanna this weekend and need some help with the meal, Eater DC has a round-up of places around the area where you get food for the holiday.
4. Last week I shared a write-up about our Spring Break trip to Portugal, and now there’s also a post with packing recommendations for a getaway there.
5. If magic was a flavor, it would be this. (You’re welcome 😋)