1. Mayor Bowser’s office announced that two outdoor public pools and select spray parks in DC will remain open past Labor Day due to the extreme heat. Hearst Pool (3701 37th St. NW) and Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave. SE) will welcome swimmers until September 21. Be sure to note hours for both: Hearst is open Wednesday – Sunday, 10am – 6pm (but closed from 2-3pm) and Oxon Run is open Tuesday – Friday, 12-8 pm, and Saturday & Sunday, 10am – 6pm. And you can view the list of 18 spray parks still open here.
2. The Square, a brand new international food hall, just opened in downtown DC! Currently there are six stalls and an atrium bar offering tastes from around the world. And more eateries are coming soon! It’s located at 1850 K Street NW. It’s open for lunch Monday – Friday, 11am – 3pm, and teh atrium bar is open Tuesday – Thursday, 4-8pm.
3. In case you missed it, KFDC Contributor Emily shares 5 things to know before you go to the new Great Wolf Lodge resort in Perryville, MD. And FYI: CertifiKid currently has an offer for up to 40% off an overnight stay and 15% off day passes.
4. Scary but true: The Halloween shopping season has already begun. 😱 Start browsing potential costumes.
5. I finally wrote about our Spring Break trip to Portugal for anyone interested. (Spoiler alert: I highly recommend a family vacation there.)
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link, which means if you click on it and make a purchase, I may get a small commission. This helps me continue to produce KFDC, all completely free for readers. Thank you so much for the support!