1. ‘Tis the season to go with the flow! Kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards, and more vessels for recreation on the water are available to rent all around the area. Boating in DC has several locations in the District, a few NoVa Parks offer it, and there are also some places in Maryland where you can paddle local waterways. This post about local places to rent paddling gear has all the details. (PS: Depending on where and when you go, you may recognize a certain KFDC teen helping you get set up with your boat! 🙂)
2. In case you weren’t aware, tickets for the National Gallery of Art’s Jazz in the Garden summer music series are now distributed by lottery for each weekly concert. The lottery is currently open for the June 2 Tabago Bay performance — through May 26, you can register to try to reserve up to four passes,. Results will be announced May 29 at 10am.
3. How awesome does this nature-inspired LEGO exhibit at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley look? Perfect for a summer day trip or even an overnight, since it’s about a two-hour drive out there.
4. Gear up for the game of the moment!
5. Maycember 😂 (Hang in there, it’s almost over.)