1. The National Museum of Asian Art is celebrating its 100th anniversary over the next two weeks with a big Centennial Festival! All kinds of events and cultural opportunities will be presented every day through May 14, including concerts, culinary adventures, special museum tours, dance performances and classes, a children’s book reading and signing, and more. The full schedule and details are available here.
2. Later this week, the Kennedy Center is welcoming the Cirque de la Symphonie to perform alongside the National Symphony Orchestra. The lively, high-flying show promises to wow audiences with jugglers, aerialists, contortionists, strongmen, and more, bringing the music of the symphony to life in unique and delightful ways. Even more, the KFDC community can get 20% off orchestra seats to see a performance May 4-6. Use the link or the code 513960 online, over the phone, or at the box office to purchase tickets.
3. May the 4th Be with You this Thursday through Saturday! Dress up like your favorite Stars Wars characters and head to Barracks Row on Capitol Hill (8th Street SE) for food and drink specials and more fun. Join a meet and greet with characters; check out X-Wing & Star Wars deckbuilding demonstrations by Labyrinth; enjoy Star Wars themed art and entertainment; and lots more. RSVP here and view complete details. (Also, a sale on Star Wars clothes and PJs!)
4. It’s been a long time since I’ve mentioned Rakuten (because I had forgotten all about it until a couple of days ago), and its a great service to know about. When you shop online, just access the store via the Rakuten website — they partner with just about everyone — and you can get cash back on your purchases. It’s free to sign up!
5. New IG obsession…so many interesting and helpful ideas!