1. Need some winter inspo? With Covid seeming to spike and mild weather, this post that was published late 2020 is a good one to highlight right now. It’s full of ideas for activities that take place outdoors, from nice hikes to art experiences to seasonal sports to garden explorations to all-season fun.
2. Saturday Morning Live! at the National Theatre has been back in person since last fall, presenting FREE kids’ entertainment every month targeted to ages 3-6 (but all are welcome). The series’ January show is this Saturday: The Uncle Devin Show will bring an interactive musical experience for children by renowned drummer, Devin Walker. Performances are at 9:30am and 11:30am and advance registration is requested.
3. Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week is about to begin. From January 16-22, a selection of DC restaurants will be offering 3-course lunches and brunches for $25 and 3-course dinners for $40 and $55. A few faves in the mix: Ambar, La Collina, The Salt Line, Moon Rabbit, and Zaytinya. And one I’m eyeing to finally try: Supra.
4. Just finished this beautiful novel that came out several years ago, and it is the best book I’ve read in a long time. (It’s the kind of book you want to see made into a movie, and I already have the roles cast in my head.) Also just started this one that is getting huge raves, and so far I understand the hype — it’s hard to put down!
5. For the White Lotus fans, in case you missed this last night. So good.