1. Audi Field is hosting the National Women’s Soccer League championship match on Saturday, October 29., at 8pm. It’s a big deal because 1) It’s a big match! 2) It’s the first time the NWSL final game is being played in the evening, getting the prime time broadcast coverage the women athletes deserve. Tickets are still available, and you can purchase them here. And the Washington Spirit, our local women’s pro team, will be playing a couple more home matches there this season — this Saturday, September 17, and on Saturday, October 1. They are always exciting to watch, and it’s a great opportunity to support women in sports!
2. This Friday, September 16, is PARK(ing) Day, when people across the globe create temporary pop-up parks and social spaces where there usually is curbside parking. Wheaton Regional Park in Wheaton, MD, is getting in on it as they transform a parking lot into a picnic area and welcome the public to join for a fun-filled day. There will be free Italian ice, lawn games, music from a DJ, an LED lightbulb exchange, and more. It’ll be going on from 12-6pm, and admission is free. Read more about Wheaton Regional Park here.
3. In case you missed it, the annual round-up of fall festivals, updated for 2022, was just posted. The great thing about the KFDC list is that it includes all kinds of fall fests, from traditional seasonal fun on the farm to arts and crafts showcases to community celebrations to cultural experiences to time trips that transport you back a few centuries. And they take place on city streets, country farms, and many places in between!
4. These may just be the best things I’ve bought my kids in awhile. (They even seem to agree!)
5. Such a powerful moment at the Emmys.