1. There’s snow in the forecast for tomorrow! And while it’s highly unlikely there will be enough to close school or zip down hills, it’s prompted a reminder to start planning for winter recreation like skiing, snow tubing, skating, and sledding. Read about one of our ski experiences at White Tail Resort, and find suggestions for even more places to ski and enjoy other seasonal activities. For ice skating, check out this current round-up of rinks around the DC area.
2. DC’s annual EdFEST will be virtual this year. The event this Saturday, December 11, is a great opportunity to learn about DC’s public schools with representatives from 200+ DCPS and DC public charter schools showcasing their programs. Great timing to help make informed school selections for the 2022-23 school year common lottery.
3. In case you missed it over the weekend, local author JoAnn Hill shared Five Interesting Sites & Stories for the Holiday Season in the DC Area.
4. TV recommendation: Colin in Black and White. The series about Colin Kaepernick during his adolescence (and narrated by him) is immensely captivating and moving — and a great show to watch with kids tween ages and up. [Common Sense Media review here.]
5. Can’t help but smile (be sure to have your volume on).