1. It’s Giving Tuesday! If you want some ideas for where to donate, the GIVE page here on the blog has a long list of charities and causes, all of them shared by KFDC readers. And if you have one you’d like to highlight, leave a comment on that page or on these Five Things, and I’ll add it.
2. Starting tomorrow, December 1, the Hirshhorn Museum will be rolling out the Art Cart, where kids can stop by and pick up their own free self-guided art making kit. Each kit features a hands-on activity inspired by an artwork on view and includes tips for looking at the work with kids. It will be in the the galleries every Wednesday, 10am – 12pm, with new featured artworks and activities each week. Admission and the Art Cart are free. (PS: While you’re there, I very highly recommend checking out Laurie Anderson: The Weather, the fantastic exhibit I mentioned last month.)
3. A gift for younger children that lets them give back: Little Loving Hands provides parents and caregivers with a fun way to teach kids about kindness in their world, their community, and their homes through subscription craft boxes. Most of the crafts that are completed are sent back to Little Loving Hands in an included prepaid envelope to be donated to a charity. The boxes are specially designed for elementary-school kids, but fun for all ages!
4. Something neat: You can view the front page of the Washington Post from your birthday, the actual date you were born. You have to sign up and sign in, but it’s fun and interesting to check out. It would also make for a great present — you can download a PDF and print it.
5. The most amazing sweater keeps popping up in my IG feed (what does this say about me?!), and I wanted to share because somebody needs to buy it… just not me.😉🦄