Silver Knights has been teaching chess to kids at hundreds of schools in the DC area since 2009, instructing thousands of students on the game every week. For the last few years, they’ve also been doing an online chess club for kids, and they are currently offering a great way to get started.
Between now and Cyber Monday, November 29: Use the coupon code “cyber” when you buy one month, and get the second month free!
How does an online chess club for kids work? Read on to find out!
1. New students start with a quick assessment to figure out what level classes they should take, from Pawns (how do you play chess?) to Kings (some of the best kids in the state for their age).
2. Schedule your weekly semi-private classes, which look like this:
Classes are offered 25 times a week before school, after school, and on Saturdays, so that you’ll definitely be able to find good (and flexible) times that work for your family. Experienced coaches keep the classes engaging, approachable, and fun for the students.
3. Join as many extras — like online tournaments (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays) and broadcast lessons (weekdays) — as you want.
4. Occasional events like tournaments with clubs from other countries, and guests like Anish Giri (picture below, the #7 player in the world and very fun!) on Wednesday, November 24, or Judit Polgar (best female chess player ever).
Winter is a perfect time to start chess, and this Cyber Monday sale is a great way to do it (think holiday gift)! A few more things to know:
- Cost is $79/month.
- The club is month-to-month with no long term commitment.
- Start anytime and stop any time.
- If you join the club, and for whatever reason it’s not the right fit, cancel in your first two weeks for a full refund.
Sign up here — and remember to use the coupon code “cyber” for your second month free!
This is a paid post by Silver Knights, however, I only promote programs, places, and businesses that I genuinely believe in and/or think would appeal to KFDC readers.