1. The Smithsonian Arts & Industries Building is reopening and celebrating the Smithsonian’s 175th anniversary with a new groundbreaking exhibition! “FUTURES” is the first building-wide exploration of the future on the National Mall, spanning 32,000 square feet inside. It is “your guide to a vast array of interactives, artworks, technologies, and ideas that are glimpses into humanity’s next chapter.” Opening Day is this Saturday, November 20, and there will be a free opening festival that includes live-streamed programs on Friday, in-person activities on Saturday, and a public concert that evening. And on Sunday, November 21, “FUTURES Remixed” will be a day for the littlest future-makers, welcoming families of all types for fun, pop-up, guided activities and bite-size experiences celebrating the everyday magic of futures ahead of everyone. The day includes “FUTURES” Roulette tours, robot races, craft making, and more. It’s all free, but RSVP to let them know you’re going.
2. Several holiday shows for kids are opening this weekend — at The Puppet Co., Adventure Theatre, and Gunston Performing Arts Center. Get details on those and see all the live entertainment coming to local stages throughout the season!
3. One of my favorite dishes to make for Thanksgiving — sounds a little different than your traditional holiday fare, but trust me, it’s delicious and always a hit with many palates. (And more TG recipes from a reliable source.)
4. Hottest holiday toys of 2021.
5. Rockin this bitch (at the Kennedy Center) 🙂 🎶