1. The National Arboretum is a superb place to enjoy a fall day in the District. The many trails and paths are especially nice to hike with the surrounding foliage peaking right about now. The crisp, cool air is perfect for hanging in the natural play area, exploring the Washington Youth Garden, and just wandering around the many pretty areas. And the old Capitol columns against the backdrop of autumn hues is about as picturesque as it gets there. Hours at the Arb are 8am – 5pm daily. Admission is free.
2. In case you missed it yesterday, the 2021 KFDC Guide to the Holiday Season in the DC Area is now posted!
3. It’s November, so time to start thinking Thanksgiving! Washingtonian has a round-up of places offering takeout for the big meal, from finer feasts to more casual menus. ‘Cause who says it has to be homemade?
4. The best books of the year so far, according to Vulture.
5. Great parenting advice via cartoon.