1. The time is ripe for a pick-your-own outing! Not only are a variety of fruits and veggies ready for harvest at farms around the area — blackberries, blueberries, peaches, plums, tomatoes, and more — the weather this week will be mild for a DC summer, perfect conditions for getting out and gathering. This post has a round-up of places where you can reap some of the best treats of the season.
2. The annual Citi Open tennis event has begun, and with Rafael Nadal in the mix, tickets are very much in demand and hard to get. BUT, you can sign up to be notified of Limited Ticket Access as any become available throughout the tournament.
3. From the Washington Post, movies to satisfy your pent-up wanderlust.
4. New(ish) podcast rec: Gravity from Dr. Lucy Kalanithi (wife of Paul who wrote the exceptional book When Breath Becomes Air). The episode On Mortality and Meaning… is especially good. I also loved the interview with her twin sister Joanna Goddard, founder of one of my favorite blogs.
5. A sweet Olympic gold(s) story. 🥇🥇