1. The Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden has reopened again with daily hours 10am – 4:30pm. You can make a whole outing of touring all of the outdoor areas of the museums on the National Mall. The Enid A. Haupt Garden, National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden (11am.- 4pm), Pollinator Garden, and more small Smithsonian gardens are all open to visitors.
2. A new post went up yesterday with a great round-up of book recs for little ones. There was some trouble with the link yesterday (apologies!), but all should be good now.🤞
3. Throughout March, kids can join the NOAA Live! Virtual Open House webinar series, and “visit” a few places where NOAA works across the country. Explore the hangar where NOAA keeps hurricane hunter planes, come inside the nation’s oldest public aquarium, sniff seafood at a NOAA seafood inspection lab, visit “mission control” where NOAA commands satellites in space, dive deep into an underwater sanctuary, and more – all from home! The free events are geared toward 2nd-8th graders, and they’re perfect for classrooms and families. There is one today from 4-5pm, and many more dates coming up. Register here.
4. From DCist: What You Need to Know to Get the COVID-19 Vaccine in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
5. It’s easy and fun to get sucked down the rabbit hole of Architectural Digest’s YouTube channel with tours of celebrity homes.