1. No more gazing in through the wrought iron bars of the fence… The National Gallery of Art announced that it will reopen the Sculpture Garden this Sunday, February 14 — just in time for a Valentine’s Day stroll. Hours will be 11am -4pm daily. (FYI: For more Valentine’s Day activities, check out the round-up of local ways to celebrate, both in person and virtually.)
2. A new IG to follow: Kid Safe DC, launched by a group of DC-area pediatricians who are passionate about injury prevention. They are also hosting free virtual car seat safety checks this Saturday. You can schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician via Zoom.
3. Washingtonian has a round-up of restaurants with specials to celebrate the Lunar New Year, which is on Friday.
4. Rep. Jamie Raskin’s emotional speech yesterday is worth a watch. This piece from The Atlantic nails why it resonates.
5. How awesome is Maketto? (PS: The restaurant is included in the round-up above, and I highly recommend it, whether you opt for the special meal now or their regular menu anytime — the food is amazing!)