1. It’s going to be 50s and sunny today, a perfect time to highlight The Best Places in the DC Area to Enjoy a Beautiful Day Outdoors with the Kids.
2. Washingtonian shares what you need to know about DC Inauguration Day threats and other Capitol insurrection fallout. In addition, Metro is closing 13 stations near the Capitol and National Mall for a week starting Friday.
3. In this unsettling time, journaling can be a good way to help ease anxieties. NPR has tips on how to get started.
4. TV can also be a good distractor right now. We finally watched The Queen’s Gambit, and it is as good as everyone says. I also recently binged The Flight Attendant, and it was a fun, quirky thriller ala Dead to Me. Hearing good things about Bridgerton, too! (All recs for adults…maybe teens, too.)
5. Of course, the Holdernesses have a song for 2021 (so far).