1. The National Gallery of Art’s Virtual Artful Conversations for December begin today. During these “Color your Feelings” themed sessions, participants will create colorful works of art along with museum staff guiding the workshops. Have on hand a pencil, tempera or acrylic paints, paintbrush, and a cup of water and paper towel for rinsing your paintbrush. As an alternative to paints, they recommend colored pencils or crayons on paper. And working with paint, they recommend painting on cardboard. Recommended for ages 7-12 and an adult companion. Sessions take place today and December 16 & 17 at 4pm, and December 20 at 10am & 1pm. Free registration is required.
2. Lots of ideas for Christmas crafts with kids, perfect for a rainy day.
3. Early Christmas present: If you order today, you can get some of these sleds in time for the snow that’s supposed to come on Wednesday. (And you can start scoping out sledding hills — the recent post about Activities During the Covid Winter includes a link on where to find some good ones if you want to go beyond your neighborhood sledding spot.)
4. A Cookbook Gift Guide from Bon Appetit.
5. Ugly holiday sweaters for 2020.