1. Observe Veterans Day by visiting the sites that honor those who have served. See the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, World War II Memorial, and Korean War Memorial on the National Mall, and the Navy Memorial Plaza not too far from them on Pennsylvania Ave. Or head out to the Air Force Memorial in Arlington. Umbrellas and raincoats recommended.
2. Mount Vernon Salutes the Veterans today. The annual event includes a flag raising ceremony at 9am and a take-home craft kit to create your own American Revolution flag along with ongoing programs, including the museum exhibits and tours of the mansion first floor. It’s also FREE admission for all active duty, former, or retired military personnel. For everyone else $23/adult, $12/child, free/5 & under.
3. The National Postal Museum’s Learning Lab shared great tips for making your own time capsule.
4. Good one to bookmark: 17 Last-Minute Thanksgiving Recipes for When Life Gets in the Way. (Or, you know, the entire year)
5. Stories for Veterans Day.
PS: With rain in the forecast, the post listing indoor places that are open now is a good one to check out.