1. The KFDC round-up of the best outdoor places to enjoy a beautiful day around the area is a good one to keep handy, especially for the next couple days of excellent forecasted weather.
2. Along with the Lincoln Memorial and Ford’s Theatre, you can now also explore the life of Abe at President Lincoln’s Cottage. The former summer home of the 16th president has reopened its doors for self-guided tours of the interior as well as the Robert H. Smith Visitor Education Center, which includes interactive exhibits and a museum store. COVID safety measures are in place. It’s open Wednesday through Monday, and timed-entry tickets are required. Admission is $15/adult, $5/age 6-12, free/age 5 and under.
3. KID Museum is once again offering Make-it! Live — live stream STEM/Maker workshops for Grades K-8, offers real-time, small-group, interactive programs for K-8th graders to inspire creative learning at home. Hour-long sessions are led by KID Museum’s maker educators, who work closely with kids, providing instruction and individual feedback. See the website for full program descriptions and registration.
4. Scenes of celebration in DC on Saturday.
5. “It’s easier to be a parent this morning.” (In case you haven’t seen it already — and even if you have.)