1. As the wait (and anxiety) continues, plan a fun outing with the kids to keep you distracted: Go shark tooth hunting! Calvert Cliffs State Park in Lusby, MD, and the Purse area of the Nanjemoy Wildlife Management Area in Charles County, MD, are your best bets for it right now, as both are open daily, sunrise to sunset, and welcome the public to explore. Calvert includes a nice two-mile hike to the beach; it’s about a quarter-mile walk in the woods at Purse. Admission to Calvert Cliffs is $5/MD residents, $7/non-residents, and free at Purse.
2. This weekend, encounter more than 70 true-to-life sized dinosaurs and marine creatures from the comfort of your family vehicle at the Jurassic Quest Drive-Thru Experience. An audio tour will guide you through the RFK Stadium Festival Grounds, where it takes place from tomorrow, November 6 through November 15. Admission starts at $49/vehicle.
3. How about a FALLFEST right in the city? Wunder Garten, the popular outdoor beer garden in NOMA, is launching a two and a half week celebration of autumn this weekend that will feature crafting classes and pop-ups from some of the city’s most beloved restaurants and food trucks.
4. The comments in this post about what people are doing as they await results are a great read.
5. And how did you sleep last night?