1. Early in-person voting in DC begins today! Voting Centers are located in all eight wards, and will be open 8:30am – 7pm through November 2, and 7am – 8pm on Election Day, November 3. You can still cast your ballot by mail, too — Ballot Drop Boxes are available in locations around the city through November 3.
Early in-person voting in Maryland began yesterday and continues through November 2. Early Voting Centers are open 7am – 8pm. (A list of Election Day Voting Centers is available here.). Mail-in ballots had to be requested by October 20, and more instructions for voting by mail in Maryland are available here.
Early in-person voting in Virginia began September 18 and continues through October 31. Voting Centers will be open again on Election Day. Mail-in ballots had to be requested by October 18. Submit your address here to find out where to vote in person or drop off your mail-in vote.
2. Annmarie Sculpture Garden has extended their Halloween in the Garden event and are welcoming visitors through November 1 for a self-guided experience. Wear your costume and stop by the front desk to say trick or treat — they’ll have treats for sure. You can also find fun photo opps throughout the park, complete a corn maze, make a bat fly, try the spider toss, make a scarecrow, and grab an ArtLAB to-go kit. And on your walk through the beautiful garden, enjoy the Ode to Autumn activities too. Read (and see) more about Annmarie here and here.
3. Tomorrow, October 28, join a virtual story time with Jane Goodall at 12pm, when she will share a reading of Lion Family. A live Q & A will follow, and Jane will be answering audience-submitted questions. The event will take place on Facebook Live.
4. The National Building Museum Shop is reopening for in-person visits to members starting today. Hours are 11am – 2pm Tuesday – Thursday. Use the 4th Street NW loading dock entrance, and bring proper ID. The shop will open to the general public on November 19, but in the meantime the online shop is always open for business.
5. First, listen to yesterday’s great episode of The Daily. Then, watch this.