1. The Enid A. Haupt Garden, the grounds behind the Smithsonian Castle, have reopened. It’s a lovely place to stroll around and there are some neat little side areas to explore, like the Moongate Garden adjacent to the Freer|Sackler and the Fountain Garden next to the National Museum of African Art. It’s open daily from dawn to dusk. And you can extend your National Mall garden ventures with a walk through the Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden and the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden across the way.)
2. It’s Independent Bookstore Day, a great reason to shop and support some of the best book shops around. Here are quick link to some local spots for online and/or in-person purchasing:
Busboys and Poets
Solid State Books
Capitol Hill Books
East City Bookshop
Politics and Prose
Hooray for Books
3. Survival tips for long road trips with kids.
4. I love this blog post about dream movie houses. What is yours?
5. Rest in Power, Chadwick Boseman. Wakanda Forever.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!