1. The gorgeous grounds of Brookside Gardens are open to visitors, though a limited amount of parking is available to help maintain safe social distancing practices. It’s a lovely place to wander, view the variety of plants and flowers, and look for creatures in the turtle pond. Check the website to be aware of what’s prohibited right now. And for more about Brookside and a glimpse of what’s there, see this past KFDC post — but note that the Wings of Fancy exhibit is not happening this year.
2. Today at 3pm, theatres for young audiences across the country are presenting a virtual premiere of A Kids Play About Racism, a theatrical adaptation of A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory. You can view it “locally” through Adventure Theatre on Facebook. And FYI: Their Sunday Story Time featuring My Ancestors’ Greatest Dreams is at 2pm, so you can plan to stream both.
3. The Taco Box from Santa Rosa Taqueria on Capitol Hill has become a go-to for family take out for us. (Go to Order Online and scroll thru to page 4.) They also have other family-style options — all $35 and under and more than enough to feed a family of four. Do you have a go-to place for meals like this? Feel free to share, if so!
4. Now that it’s confirmed our kids will be distance learning for at least the first term of the upcoming school year, these 54 Desk and Chair Combos For Every Age and Budget might be of interest.
5. Cat video for a quick chuckle.
Bonus: The SpaceX Crew Dragon is expected to return to day with a splashdown landing in the Gulf of Mexico at 2:48pm. You can watch it here.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!