1. Did you know you can hang out in the lovely garden area of the REACH at the Kennedy Center? (I just discovered this as I was biking by and decided to see if it was open). You can stroll around, check out the sculptures and artfully designed buildings, and take in views of the Potomac. There are also tables where you can sit and enjoy a snack. And as mentioned last week, Victura Park, a new outdoor pop-up wine garden & café, is there on weekends, Friday – Sunday.
2. The Smithsonian American Art Museum is going virtual with its annual ARCADE event this weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, you can play games featured in their Indie Developer Showcase, explore how video games are woven into American stories, and catch screenings of a couple of documentaries about gaming. (Follow the link to sign up or the films.)
3. Something fun: The Yards and Ice Cream Jubilee want you to help them choose the 51st State’s representative flavor. See the nominees and cast your vote here!
4. Amazon’s picks for the best books of the year so far. (I’m reading The Vanishing Half now, and so far really good.)
5. An awesome way some residents of a senior care facility in England are having fun during quarantine.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!