1. DC playgrounds have reopened with Phase 2, so little ones can enjoy some outdoor climbing, sliding, swinging, and more fun. Anacostia Park has three playgrounds and a nice location along the river. Of course, you just can hit your neighborhood playground or check out a new one — here is a map of over 100 DPR playgrounds around the city.
2. The Smithsonian Folklife Festival is going Beyond the Mall! starting today through July 5 with both archived and daily live streamed events, including performances, food demos, and discussion that celebrate culture. View the schedule here.
3. Starting today through June 30, DC Brau is featuring the Greater DC Diaper Bank for their Crowlers for Charity program. The proceeds from every crowler bought during this time will go directly to GDCDB. CFC crowlers, 32oz cans filled with flagship brews, are available Wednesdays through Sundays via the brewery’s website for contactless curbside pick-up and delivery within the District.
4. The Shakespeare Theatre is hosting Midsummer Madness to determine who is the greatest Shakespeare character. Get in on the fun and cast thy vote here!
5. Controversial statues taken down across the US.
If you liked this post — found it informative, inspiring, it made you smile, or it made you think — please share!