2. We’re heading into the weekend when many of you will be looking for outdoor things to do, so here are quick, hopefully helpful links:
* Local Hikes
* Pick Your Own places
* Annmarie Sculpture Garden grounds are open
* Paddling opportunities – rentals available at Thomson Boat Center and The Wharf, and some NoVa Parks locations
* Saturday’s protest should be a big one.
3. Mom and Dad are Fighting, a parenting podcast from Slate, discusses age-appropriate news sources for kids. (Starts around 18:42.)
4. The Mom Edit, one of my favorite sources for fashion tips (because I’m clueless on my own), just launched a Black-Owned Business Directory.
5. This Twitter thread about Dave Chapelle is a really great read. (Btw, when we can do things like go to live comedy shows again, I highly recommend seeing his if there’s an opportunity.)
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!
2 Responses to Five Things for Today: June 5, 2020
I love the links you’ve been sharing about how parents and kids can get involved in both volunteering and helping raise awareness around issues of racism. They’re wonderful resources, and I just wanted to share how much I appreciate them! Thank you for your efforts!
You’re very welcome! I have found the resources I share very helpful, and I’m happy to hear and others you do, too.