1. Mayor Bowser announced that DC could begin Stage 1 of reopening as soon as May 29.
2. Shenandoah National Park begins Phase I of reopening today at 8am. During this phase, Skyline Drive and other trails will be open 5am – 10pm, however, popular ones like Old Rag, Whiteoak, and their associated trails, as well as all boundary trailheads and picnic areas remain closed. Entry fees apply and restrooms are limited. Read more about Shenandoah in this KFDC post, but note that camping is not yet allowed.
3. The PTO of the Takoma Education Campus, a Title 1 DC Public School, is hosting an online auction this weekend, and all are welcome to participate. Check out and bid on items here through tomorrow, May 24, at 10pm. All proceeds will support TEC families in need due to the coronavirus pandemic.
4. The New York Times Summer Reading round-up.
5. The San Francisco Ballet has been sharing free weekly streams of some of their favorite productions — and the current one is gorgeous.
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!