1. Planet Word, the museum dedicated to language and words, was supposed to open at the end of this month, but that has been postponed. However, they are still sharing their love of words through online channels, including this fantastic idea for an at-home activity — for kids and adults!
2. Code Switch, the NPR podcast about race and culture in our lives and communities, has compiled a playlist of their best episodes for kids.
3. Did you know the grounds at Wolf Trap are a national park? While their concert season has mostly been canceled or postponed, you can still visit the outdoor spaces as they remain accessible to the public, and they’re great to explore with kids. Hike the family-friendly 1.5-mile Wolf Trap TRACK Trail through the Meadow or the longer 2.5-mile Wolf Trap Trail to see the woodlands.
4. The Washington Post has a round-up of 19 scary movies to take your mind off real-world horrors. (Is it weird I’m delighted to realize I’ve seen almost all of them?)
5. For his 60th birthday, Bono shared the 60 songs that saved his life. (Sidenote: Whoa, Bono is 60?!)
If you enjoyed this post — found it informative, inspiring, or it just made you smile — please share!