1. If you’ve never made Spiced Chickpea Stew With Coconut and Turmeric (aka The Stew), the oh-so-yummy concoction by Alison Roman, I recommend giving it a go. We first made it about a year ago when the recipe was all over social media and have cooked it several times since — our whole family loves it. Not only is it super tasty, the bright yellow color with pops of greens makes it a happy meal to eat. 😋 (If you can’t access the recipe on NYT Cooking, go here.) What are some of your favorite things to cook? Feel free to share recipes in the comments!
2. Love the results of this museum challenge. Perhaps it can be adapted for a fun family art adventure at home, too.
3. Sandy Spring Adventure Park has a Looking Forward sale going on. Navigating ropes courses in the trees sounds like a fantastic activity for when all of this over. (Read more about the adventure, one of our faves, here.)
4. Local theatres that enrich our lives with performing arts are among the many industries that have been hit hard by these coronavirus circumstances. TheatreWashington has an emergency relief fund to help professionals in the community who are without work right now. (You can also contribute directly to your favorite theatre — just go to the website and look for donation instructions.)
5. Another story time with a celebrity — this time with Samuel L. Jackson. (Btw, just seeing that it’s him should be warning enough that it’s not for kids. 😉)