For the second week in a row, this regular Thursday post is not like the others. Where you usually find a round-up of weekend events and activities instead is a recap of the latest KFDC posts, plus a mix of links around the Web, all of which hopefully will be of some help during this unusual time. Happy Weekend!
*KFDC POSTS TO HELP DURING THE CORONAVIRUS*
* Articles, Posts, Memes, and More Relevant Links for Right Now
This mix of links posted last weekend was a quick way of relaying some practical information, offering suggestions, and providing some smiles and laughs.
* What to Do on the Weekdays At Home During the Coronavirus
The title might say it’s for the weekdays, but certainly the suggestions for kids’ activities can be enjoyed on weekends, too.
* Tips for Parents During this Social Distancing Time at Home (that Don’t Involve the Kids)
Some of these ideas especially for parents may actually be better for the weekends, especially for moms and dads who are working from home during the week. Since we can’t dine out, see shows, go to events, or visit many local places, we’ll have more time at home — and this post has suggestions to help make the most of it. Yes, the kids will be home more, too, but parents could take turns giving each other their own time while one hangs with the kids.
* Virtual DC Activities & Experiences for Kids at Home During the Coronavirus
If kids can’t get to some of their favorite local places and activities during this time, you can bring the experiences to them — virtually. From webcams featuring the cherry blossoms and zoo animals to special live streamed programs especially for kids to online tours of iconic spots, there are a bunch of ways to access DC and keep your crew entertained while you #optinside.
*MORE GOOD STUFF*
* DCist offers motivation to stay in with one-star Yelp reviews of DC monuments.
* I recommend reading this article by an Italian mom under lockdown.
* It’s official: DC Public Schools will be closed and distance learning will take place through April 24.
* Just watched Grand Budapest Hotel (for the second time, which I realized after I was partly into it). Like every Wes Anderson movie, it’s brilliant.
* Consider ordering take out this weekend to support your favorite local restaurants.
* Get some new family, kid, or adult games and puzzles to make your inside time more fun. Labyrinth has an amazing selection and is open for pick-up and delivery, to boot.
* Funny, but true? 😂
* Trevor Noah ❤️