What time is it? It’s Ren Fest time! Anyone who has been reading this blog for awhile surely knows that the Maryland Renaissance Festival is my hands. down. very favorite annual event in the area. If you want to know why, just go here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here for a whole lot of rambling and gushing and, of course, huzzahs.
In this post, you’ll find all the information you need for this year’s event. And I can’t recommend Ren Fest enough… it’s one to put on your family’s fall calendar, for sure. Huzzah!
The merriment begins this Saturday, August 24, and runs every weekend, rain or shine, through October 20 in the lovely 16th century-style hamlet of Revel Grove in Crownsville, MD. Hours are 10am – 7pm. Admission is $20/adults, $18/seniors, $9/ages 7-15, free for ages 6 and under through September 9. After that, tickets go up to $27/adults, $23/seniors, $12/ages 7-15, still free for 6 and under. Multi-day passes that offer a discount are also available. Tickets can be reserved in advance online.
* August 24-25: Children’s Weekend – FREE admission for ages 15 and under with adult
* September 2: Seniors day — Free admission for all seniors age 62+
* September 7 & October 6: ASL Interpretation Days
* September 7-8: Myth and Magic Weekend
* September 14-15: Celtic Celebration
* September 21-22: Romance Weekend — Singes party Saturday, vow renewals Sunday
* September 28-29: Pirate Weekend — dress in your pirate best, aaargh!
* October 6-7: Shakespeare Weekend
* Bring a stroller or carrier for little ones, as there’s a lot of walking. I recommend a stroller that navigates over dirt paths easily.
* Get a map and schedule on your way in to help you navigate and plan your day
* If there’s a show you really want to see, get to the stage a few minutes ahead of time to get good seats, so the kids have a good view.
* You might encounter less crowds on Sunday, when many folks are watching football
* Plan to spend on extras like food, games, and fun for kids (all reasonably priced, but it can add up)
* Tickets can sell out, especially on beautiful fall days as the chances to go dwindle, so it’s never a bad idea to reserve in advance.
* Let the kids dress up! Princesses, knights, fairies, pirates will fit right in.
Maryland Renaissance Festival
Where: Revel Grove | Crownsville, MD ( get directions)
When: Weekends August 24 – October 20, 10am – 7pm
Admission: $20-27/adult, $18-23/senior, $9-12/age 7-15, free/6 & under