In case you weren’t aware (which must mean you’re new to KFDC), the Maryland Renaissance Festival is my very (very, very) favorite annual event in the area. I’ve rambled on about why so many times over the years, I’ll just direct you here, here, here, here, here, here, and here for the gist on why I love it so much.
In this post, you’ll find all the new info you need for this year’s event, plus some pics from last year to give you a glimpse of what to expect get you even more excited to go. Huzzah!
The merriment begins this Saturday, August 25, and runs every weekend, rain or shine, through October 21 in the lovely 16th century-style hamlet of Revel Grove in Crownsville, MD. Hours are 10am – 7pm. Admission is $19/adults, $17/seniors, $8/ages 7-15, free for 6 and under through September 9. After that, tickets go up to $26/adults, $22/seniors, $11/ages 7-15, still free for 6 and under. Multi-day passes that offer a discount are also available. Tickets can be reserved in advance online.
* August 25-26: Children’s Weekend – FREE admission for ages 15 and under with adult
* September 3: Senior’s Day – FREE admission for ages 62+
* September 8 & October 7: ASL Interpretation Days
* September 9: Renewal of Vows Ceremony — couples are invited to renew their commitment
* September 15-16: Celtic Celebration
* September 22-23: Special Guests – The Mediaeval Baebes
* September 29-30: Pirate Weekend — dress in your pirate best, aaargh!
* October 6-7: Shakespeare Weekend
* Bring a stroller or carrier for little ones, as there’s a lot of walking. I recommend a stroller that navigates over dirt paths easily.
* Get a map and schedule on your way in to help you navigate and plan your day
* If there’s show you really want to see, get to the stage a few minutes ahead of time to get good seats, so the kids have a good view.
* You might encounter less crowds on Sunday, when many folks are watching football
* Plan to spend on extras like food, games, and fun for kids (all reasonably priced, but it can add up)
* Let the kids dress up! Princesses, knights, fairies, pirates will fit right in.
Maryland Renaissance Festival
Where: Revel Grove | Crownsville, MD ( get directions)
When: Weekends August 25 – October 21, 10am – 7pm
Admission: $19-26/adult, $17-22/senior, $8-11/age 7-15, free/6 & under